The Watauga County Farmers Market
The Watauga County Farmers Market • Every week from May to October you will find quality locally farmed meats, organic produce, fresh cut flowers and hardy local plants, delicious edibles and a wide variety of crafts. Sign up for the Watauga County Farmers’ Market newsletter to stay up to date on the latest news and updates by clicking here, like the market on FaceBook at www.facebook.com/WataugaCountyFarmersMarket, or follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/wcfm
The Watauga County Farmers’ Market has been in operation since 1974, and is located at the Horn In The West in Boone, North Carolina. The market is a direct link between our local farmers and the consumer. Local support for farming allows increased awareness of good land practices, preservation of rural landscapes and lifestyles, and the minimal use of pesticides.
• The Saturday Market, Open May-October, 8:00am-12:00pm, Rain or Shine
• The Wednesday Market, Open June-September, 9:00am-1:00pm, Rain or Shine
Board & Staff | Booth Map | Videos | Photos | Events | Location | Directions | Bird’s Eye View | Contact
"The members of the farmers’ market are proud of the high quality products we sell. We hope you will enjoy coming to the market as much as we do!"
We have the High Country’s finest selection of quality farm products, nursery items, crafts and specialty foods from the finest local growers, craftsmen and women, and local specialty foods producers. Membership in Watauga County Farmers’ Market is limited to residents of Watauga, Wilkes, Ashe, Avery, Caldwell, and Johnson counties. All vendors must follow the market rules and comply with all applicable regulations
The Watauga County Farmers Market Vendors
Vegetables • Eggs • Fresh Herbs • Fruits/Berries • Honey • Nuts
Bedding Plants • Containers and Hanging Baskets • Cut Flowers • Herbs • Perennials • Shrubs and Vines • Vegetable Seedlings
Bird Feeders and Houses • Candles • Clothing and Jewelry • Decorative Items • Furniture • Note Cards • Pottery
Baked Goods • Beverages • Chutneys, Relishes and Sauerkraut • Condiments • Dried Fruits and Herbs • Farmstead Goat Cheeses • Jams, Jellies and Preserves • Tomato Products • Vinegars
Market Going Tips
• Bring small bills so that making change is easier for sellers. Checks are generally accepted, most vendors are not set up to take credit cards.
• Many shoppers bring large bags or baskets to consolidate their purchases.
• Most vendors are happy to recycle or reuse: egg cartons, flower pots, berry baskets and bags.
• Please DO NOT bring pets into the market area. Service animals are welcome.
• Bring a picnic. Enjoy Horn In The West’s picnic area or the nearby Boone Park. Desserts, fruits, vegetables, cheeses, bread and coffee are usually sold at the market.
For More Information
FaceBook • www.facebook.com/WataugaCountyFarmersMarket
WebSite • www.wataugacountyfarmersmarket.org
Twitter • www.twitter.com/wcfm
Phone • 828.355.4918
E-Mail • email@example.com
Contact • www.wataugacountyfarmersmarket.org/contact.php
Source & Photo Credits • www.facebook.com/WataugaCountyFarmersMarket/photos