History of the Mast General Store

Listed on the National Historic Register as one of the best remaining examples of an old country store. This historic landmark, in the heart of North Carolina’s first rural historic district, has featured quality goods and traditional clothing since 1883.


The Little Red Schoolhouse

The Little Red Schoolhouse was built in 1907 and was originally located behind the Valle Crucis Methodist Church. It has been moved three times and was once used as a barn, whose ownership was determined via a coin toss.